Friday, October 1, 2010

Hawaii 2010 - Day 2

Day 2: Breakfast. Take the free shuttle to Maui Divers Gallery. Very interesting to see how the artisans turn raw pearls into jewelry. Shuttle picks me up and takes me to Hilo Hattie outlet. Next stop Ala Moana Mall, an open air shopper’s paradise: Victoria’s Secret, Ugg, Cartier, you name it. The food court is huge with vendors selling everything even roasted pig or turkey dinner ($10.50)

Hint: If you take the divers tour you receive a free box of macadamia chocolates. I found Hilo Hattie had the same stuff as the corner ABC stores. The shuttle picks you up on the strip every 10 minutes ($2.50 re-usable ticket).

This afternoon I decide to sit in front of Weston Moana Surfrider beach area as there is no noise from the street. The waves are bigger and it’s more fun boogie boarding with the kids.

Hint: Sit far back from the shoreline as the tide rises around 3:00. I built a sand castle around me because I could see the waves coming closer & closer. People were chuckling. I’m the only one who did not get flooded.

No comments:

Post a Comment