Friday, October 1, 2010

Hawaii 2010 - Day 6

Day 6: After breakfast I take the bus to China Town to check out the markets. Fruit is cheaper here and I found a great bakery for fresh rolls. I head back to spend time on the beach as I am going to Paradise Cove Luau. Bus picks up at 3:00. It is Friday so the traffic is bad on the highway and the 1 hr. ride is slow. I meet some nice people from LA on the bus. The guide tries to amuse us with his jokes. When we arrive we are shown to our table, then free to wander the grounds and take in the activities (make bracelets, throw a spear, etc). I wait in line for my free drink. All of a sudden I hear this incredible noise in the air and a jet zooms by. The bartender tells me that Pearl Harbour air force is trying out a new bombardier jet. Well that was incredible: we watched acrobats for ½ hour. The noise made you feel like you were in a war zone. It was the high lite of the Luau (good timing). The ceremony for taking the pig out of the ground starts, and so does the rain. We run for shelter and they hand out white capes to everyone. (Now it really looks like we were attacked). We eat buffet style then watch the show. There is confusion with our people count and we are the last bus to leave. It pours all the way back and we arrive back on the strip at 10:00, very tired.


Hint: You get 2 free drink tickets with your Luau but they are just small plastic cup ones. If you want a nice cocktail it will cost you $9. Having traveled to many other countries and seen great stage shows, I was not impressed with this Luau for $80. I suggest you try the Polynesian Centre Luau.

No comments:

Post a Comment