Friday, October 1, 2010

Hawaii 2010 - Day 5

Day 5: Another gorgeous day in paradise. I scope out the area and find a bakery St.Germains and you can buy dinner rolls or half loaf of bread ($3). Apparently bread is not too popular in Waikiki. I wander through International Market Place. You can find lots of beaded jewelry and clothing at discount prices. I hunt for something different and bargain for a sundress. You can't be shy here as you have to try things out between the stalls. I spend the afternoon on the beach. I join a group of 5 others and go on a long canoe ride. We paddle out, catch a big wave and surf into shore.....lots of fun. You get to ride 2 waves for $10. I head to Duke's beach restaurant and bar for a Pina Colada $7.50 and Mandarin shrimp salad $12.95 (very good). The band plays as I eat overlooking the beach. I walk down the beach to the lagoon and marina to see a full sunset (high rises block your view from Kuhio beach).

Hint: Duke's is good value for food & drink. Throw your cover-up on and have a 4:00 cocktail listening to live music. On the weekends, there is afternoon jamming, dancing and good times on the beach to the sounds of 60's rock’n’roll music.

No comments:

Post a Comment